- This event has passed.
Billy’s Bachelor Pad Contest
April 28 - May 28
Billy the cat is a very handsome, charismatic four-year-old male brown tabby that will win your heart with his mischievous grin and beautiful eyes. Unfortunately, he has been overlooked by adopters for far too long because he requires a special kind of home. We want to give him that with “Billy’s Bachelor Pad”!
Billy needs to be an outdoor cat, but because of his medical challenges and previous history, he cannot live indoors and cannot roam outside freely. With a generous donation from an anonymous supporter for a special “catio”, Nevada SPCA is looking for an adopter with the “purrfect” backyard setting where Billy can live outdoors in a luxury enclosure through “Billy’s Bachelor Pad” essay contest.
Billy is FIV+ (feline immunodeficiency virus), an infection that weakens the immune system and is transmissible to other cats. He cannot interact with other cats for fear of infecting them. Additionally, Billy has stomatitis, an inflammation of the gums that requires periodic medical care that will be covered by Nevada SPCA as part of this contest. His previous indoor history included urine marking, the reason he was brought to Nevada SPCA, and the reason he needs to live outdoors. One of the benefits of having a cat’s presence outdoors, even one within a catio enclosure, is that it can act as a deterrent for rodents.
Entrants for “Billy’s Bachelor Pad” essay contest must be 21 years old and be a homeowner. Essays must be 300 words or less and tell Nevada SPCA why they should be Billy’s forever home and house his catio in their backyard. Essays can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for entry is May 28, 2021.
Who will accept Billy’s final rose?
Billy’s Bachelor Pad Essay Contest Rules:
- Entrant must be 21+ years of age to enter.
- Entrant must submit an essay in 300 words or less to email@example.com about why entrant wants to adopt Billy and why entrant would be able to provide Billy with a loving home.
- Entrant must show proof of homeownership (or approval by landlord in writing) for installation of the catio on their property.
- Entrant must provide Nevada SPCA with a photo of the backyard and intended placement area for catio. If an entrant lives within an HOA-managed community, approval must be obtained first.
- If an entrant is determined a finalist for the “Billy’s Bachelor Pad” contest, the entrant must grant permission for Nevada SPCA to visit their backyard in advance of the determination of the winner. Catio must placed be near a power and/or water source.
- If an entrant is determined a finalist for the “Billy’s Bachelor Pad” contest, the entrant must complete an appointment visit with Billy at the shelter with Nevada SPCA’s Cat Care Manager, along with an adoption consultation.
- If an entrant is determined the winner for the “Billy’s Bachelor Pad” contest, the entrant must agree that if they decide to return Billy at any point after the contest, the return must be made to Nevada SPCA and the return must also include the catio.
- Nevada SPCA reserves all rights.