Come Volunteer With Us
Sign-up for a Volunteer Orientation below!
Support our shelter staff’s work to save animals.
Meet like-minded animal lovers.
Find Happiness through the rewarding work of animal rescue.
What can you do as a volunteer?
- Work with dogs, cats, or small animals and support the animal care team with grooming, kennel cleaning, room cleaning, and litter box changing.
- Work with dogs with enrichment activities including giving them puzzle toys, reading to them, play yard activity and more.
- Walking the dogs (multiple orientations required)
- Become a foster caregiver and join our Happiness Heroes program.
- Represent Nevada SPCA at outreach events for adoptions and fundraising.
- Bag dog and cat food to stock our Pet Pantry.
- Organize a donation drive with your family, friends or co-workers to collect food or other animal supplies; make it a party at your house or office!
- Involve your kids; host fundraisers such as a bake sale with their classrooms or sports teams, organize a lemonade stand, or garage sale.
How do I volunteer?
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation to get started!
- Volunteers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult (under 18 volunteer duties vary by age)
- Volunteer Orientations are happening once a month.
- RSVP to an orientation by clicking on the link below.
- For group or corporate volunteering please email us at: [email protected]
Volunteer Orientation Dates
January 20th – 5:30PM – FULL
February 17th – 5:30 PM – FULL
March 17th –FULL
April 21st – 5:30PM – FULL
May 19th – FULL
June 23rd -5:30PM (Register Here)
July 21st – 5:30PM – (Registration starts 7/1/23)
August 25th – 5:30PM – (Registration starts 8/1/23)
Dog Walking Orientations
You must have attended the Volunteer Orientation and completed your paperwork to attend a Dog Walking Orientation.
You must be 21 years or older
You will need to complete Dog Walking Orientation 1 & 2 to recieve your color and be able to walk dogs.
There are limited spaces due to the hands on nature of these orientations
Schedule – 10:00AM
January 28th – Dog Walking 1 February 4th – Dog Walking 2 February 11th – Dog Walking 1 February 18th – Dog Walking 2 February 25th – Allegiant Event – No Dog Walking Orientation March 4th – Dog Walking 1 March 11th – Dog Walking 2 March 18th – Dog Walking 1 March 25th – Allegiant Event – No Dog Walking Orientation April 1st – Dog Walking 2 April 8th – Dog Walking 1 April 22nd – Dog Walking 1 April 29th – Dog Walking 2 May 20th – Dog Walking 1 May 27th – Dog Walking 2